We recently started seeing this error when launching RStudio. It seems to be random. (R software opens without issue)
Steps I have taken:
- I have uninstalled all versions of R and RStudio. Reboot, then installed both newest versions from the websites under my admin account (run as admin), as well as under the users account using my admin credentials.
- I have tried older versions of both software.
- I have given “everyone” full control of the R folder and RStudio folder listed under Program files.
- I have given a specific user full control of the R folder and RStudio folder listed under Program Files. (This did actually work for one user, but no others)
- I have installed it on my PC and on 2 spare PC’s we have in our dept. (installed as admin, ran under non-admin account). It works without issue on all of the machines.
- One of the other techs in my dept installed them on his machine and he receives this error when launching RStudio.
The latest update of RStudio was released on 07/20, but it appears it is affecting older versions as well. (at least after installing the latest version, and then trying to uninstall it and install an older version)