RStudio Workbench for AWS marketplace is an on-demand, commercially-licensed integrated development environment (IDE) for AWS. It offers all of the capabilities found in the popular RStudio open-source IDE plus turnkey convenience, enhanced security, additional development environments, the ability to manage multiple R versions and sessions, and more.
It comes pre-configured with RStudio Workbench 2022.02.0+443, R versions 4.1.2, 4.0.5, 3.6.3, 3.5.3, and 3.4.4 and Python version 3.8.9 already installed. RStudio Workbench is by default configured with system account authentication and depends on an internal SQLite database. Additional, manual configuration is required if you would like to change any of the default settings. Details on configuration options are available in the administration guide.
The instructions below will help you get started.
1. Click "Continue to Subscribe" at the top of the page.
2. Specify the terms of the contract and click "Create Contract".
3. Once the contract has been created, click on "Continue to Configuration" at the top of the page.
4. Fill out your configuration options and then click "Continue to Launch" at the top of the page.
5. Review launch configuration details, select a launch action, and click "Launch".
6. If launching through ec2, configure and launch the instance.
Note: Special attention must be given to the IAM instance profile used. For more details, see the documentation here.
7. Once the instance is launched, click on "Usage Instructions" for guidelines on how to begin using the RStudio Workbench instance you've just launched.
The ec2_instance_public_dns and instance_id referenced in the "Usage Instructions" can be found in your EC2 console. Click on the instance you just created and look for "Public DNS (IPv4)" and "Instance ID" in the Description tab at the bottom of the page. Follow the usage instructions to login to RStudio Server Pro and update the password.
If you want to make additional configuration changes, you may do so by accessing the instance via SSH and making updates to the appropriate files as described in the administration guide. Details on connecting to your instance via SSH can be found by selecting your RStudio Server Workbench instance on the "Instances" page of your EC2 dashboard, then clicking on "Connect". The SSH user name is "ubuntu".