RStudio Server Pro Standard for AWS is an on-demand, commercially-licensed integrated development environment (IDE) for AWS. It offers all of the capabilities found in the popular RStudio open source IDE plus turnkey convenience, enhanced security, the ability to manage multiple R versions and sessions, and more.
1. Click "Continue to Subscribe" at the top of the page.
2. Fill out the software contract (if desired) and click "Continue to Configuration" at the top of the page.
3. Fill out your configuration options and then click "Continue to Launch" at the top of the page.
4. Fill out your launch options and click "Launch" at the bottom of the page.
5. Once the instance is launched, click on "Usage Instructions" for guidelines on how to begin using the RStudio Server Pro instance you've just launched.
The ec2_instance_public_dns and instance_id referenced in the "Usage Instructions" can be found in your EC2 console. Click on the instance you just created and look for "Public DNS (IPv4)" and "Instance ID" in the Description tab at the bottom of the page. Follow the usage instructions to login to RStudio Server Pro and update the password.
If you want to make additional configuration changes, you may do so by accessing the instance via SSH and making updates to the appropriate files as described in the administration guide. Details on connecting to your instance via SSH can be found by selecting your RStudio Server Pro instance on the "Instances" page of your EC2 dashboard, then clicking on "Actions", then "Connect". The SSH user name is "ubuntu".