RStudio Connect for Azure is an on-demand, commercially-licensed solution for hosting RStudio Connect on Azure. There are three distinct tiers:
- RStudio Connect Base - 20 Users
- RStudio Connect Standard - 100 Users
- RStudio Connect Enterprise - 1000 Users
These instances come pre-configured with RStudio Connect 220.127.116.11-14, R versions 3.3.3, 3.4.4, and 3.5.3 and python versions 2.7.15 and 3.6.8 already installed. RStudio Connect is by default configured with built in password authentication and depends on an internal SQLite database. Additional, manual configuration is required if you would like to change any of the default settings. Details on configuration options are available in the administration guide.
These instructions below will help you get started regardless of the tier that you select.
1. Select your preferred tier from the options above, or select it via the dropdown menu, and then select "Create".
2. Deploy RStudio Connect for Azure
- Choose a Virtual machine name for your RStudio Connect Instance
- Configure your Instance size, Region, etc.
- Set a Username and SSH public key for ssh access
- Continue to other configuration options or click Review + create
3. Review the terms and click Create
4. When deployment is created, you'll see a screen like this. Click on the RESOURCE name of the Virtual Machine, in this case RSC
5. You'll see a screen with information about your machine. The Public IP address of your machine is listed in the right side column.
6. Visit http://<Public IP address>:3939 and click "Sign Up" in the top right hand corner of the page.
7. Input the requested information to create a new user and click "Sign Up" at the bottom of the form.
The first user signed up under the default configuration will automatically have administrative privileges on RStudio Connect.
If you want to make additional configuration changes, you may do so by accessing the virtual machine via SSH and making updates to the appropriate files as described in the administration guide. Details on connecting to your instance via SSH can be found by clicking on Connect in the top menu bar of the overview page for your virtual machine.