RStudio Connect for AWS marketplace is an on-demand, commercially-licensed solution for hosting RStudio Connect on AWS.
It comes pre-configured with RStudio Connect 2021.12.0.2, R versions 4.1.2, 4.0.5, 3.6.3, 3.5.3, and 3.4.4 and Python version 3.8.9 already installed. RStudio Connect is by default configured with built-in password authentication and depends on an internal SQLite database. Additional, manual configuration is required if you would like to change any of the default settings. Details on configuration options are available in the administration guide.
The instructions below will help you get started.
1. Click "Continue to Subscribe" at the top of the page.
2. Specify the terms of the contract and click "Create Contract".
3. Once the contract has been created, click on "Continue to Configuration" at the top of the page.
4. Fill out your configuration options and then click "Continue to Launch" at the top of the page.
5. Review launch configuration details, select a launch action, and click "Launch".
6. If launching through ec2, configure and launch the instance.
Note: Special attention must be given to the IAM instance profile used. For more details, see the documentation here.
7. Once the instance is launched, click on "Usage Instructions" for guidelines on how to begin using the RStudio Connect instance you've just launched.
The instance-public-ip-address referenced in the "Usage Instructions" can be found in your EC2 console. Click on the instance you just created and look for "Public DNS (IPv4)" in the Description tab at the bottom of the page.
8. Visit the link described above and click "Sign Up" in the top right-hand corner of the page.
8. Input the requested information to create a new user and click "Sign Up" at the bottom of the form.
The first user signed up under the default configuration will automatically have administrative privileges on RStudio Connect.
If you want to make additional configuration changes, you may do so by accessing the instance via SSH and making updates to the appropriate files as described in the administration guide. Details on connecting to your instance via SSH can be found by selecting your RStudio Connect instance on the "Instances" page of your EC2 dashboard, then clicking on "Connect". The SSH user name is "ubuntu".