RStudio Workbench (previously RStudio Server Pro) is highly configurable. This example checklist represents some of the most common configuration settings we see used in practice. Your unique environment will likely require additional tuning. For the complete documentation please see docs.rstudio.com.
Before you begin
Please read the RStudio Professional Product Requirements.
Once you have R installed and working properly on your server, installation of RStudio Workbench is typically easy.
- Download a free evaluation or contact contact sales
- Install the product
- Activate the license
- Access the server by navigating your web browser to the RStudio service
All the configurations below are optional except for authenticating users. By default, RStudio Workbench will authenticate against the user database on the server. Please note that RStudio Workbench requires local accounts regardless of what RStudio authentication method you use.
- Examine the configuration files
- Turn on the admin dashboard
- Designate administrators and administrator superusers
- Configure PAM authentication for LDAP and ActiveDirectory
- Or configure proxied authentication for single sign on
- Edit user and group profiles
- Set up project sharing
- Select a package repository (also works with RStudio Package Manager)
- Disable features if required for security purposes
- Configure product with RStudio Connect
Licensed RStudio professional products and evaluations are covered by our RStudio Support Agreement. If you have issues installing or configuring RStudio Workbench, please send an email to email@example.com. Instructions on how to submit a support ticket are here.