RStudio Server Pro Standard for Azure is an on-demand, commercially-licensed integrated development environment (IDE) for the Microsoft Azure Cloud. It offers all of the capabilities found in the popular RStudio open source IDE plus turnkey convenience, enhanced security, the ability to manage multiple R versions and sessions, and more.
Note that RStudio Server Pro is now RStudio Workbench, though the old name may continue to be displayed in Azure for a few weeks, until the registration of the new name is complete.
1. Select RStudio Server Pro Standard for Azure from the Azure Marketplace, read the information, and click "Get It Now".
2. Read through the information and click "Create" at the top of the page.
3. Deploy RStudio Server Pro for Azure
- Choose a Virtual machine name for your RStudio Server Pro instance
- Configure your Instance size, Region, etc.
- Set a Username and SSH public key for ssh access.
- Configure any additional options or click "Review + create".
4. Review the configuration and click "Create".
5. When the deployment is complete you’ll see a screen like this. Click on "Go to resource" at the bottom of the page.
6. You’ll see a screen with all the information you’ll need. Your username for RStudio Server Pro will be rstudio-user and the password is the Subscription ID.
7. Visit http://<Public IP address>:8787 and log in with your Username and Password from the previous step.
8. Once logged in, set a new password for this user
- From the dropdown menu click Tools and select Shell...
- At the prompt type passwd
- Enter the current password and the new password twice, hitting the enter key after each entry
9. You are now ready to use RStudio Server Pro for Azure
For additional information on how to administer RStudio Server Pro please refer to the Admin Guide. For a list of important features that are available to pro customers, learn more at RStudio Server Pro.