RStudio Server Pro for Azure is an on-demand, commercially-licensed integrated development environment (IDE) for the Microsoft Azure Cloud. It offers all of the capabilities found in the popular RStudio open source IDE plus turnkey convenience, enhanced security, the ability to manage multiple R versions and sessions, and more.
1. Select RStudio Server Pro for Azure from the Azure Marketplace, read the information, and click Create
2. Deploy RStudio Server Pro for Azure
- Choose a Virtual machine name for your RStudio Server Pro instance
- Configure your Instance size, Region, etc.
- Set a Username and SSH public key for ssh access.
- Click Review + Create
3. Click Create to accept the terms and create the instance
4. When it’s completed you’ll see a screen like this. Click on the RESOURCE name of the Virtual Machine, in this case testmachine
5. You’ll see a screen with all the information you’ll need. Your username for RStudio Server Pro will be rstudio-user and the password is the Subscription ID.
6. Visit http://<instance-ip>:8787 and log in with your Username and Password from the previous step.
7. Once logged in, set a new password for this user
- From the dropdown menu click Tools and select Shell...
- At the prompt type passwd
- Enter the current password and the new password twice, hitting the enter key after each entry
- Click Close
8. You are now ready to use RStudio Server Pro for Azure
For additional information on how to administer RStudio Server Pro please refer to the Admin Guide. For a list of important features that are available to pro customers, learn more at RStudio Server Pro.