Note: RStudio Connect is in beta, so these instructions are subject to change.
To schedule reports to be run and/or emailed in RStudio Connect, please follow these instructions:
- Publish the document you wish to schedule to RStudio Connect. Note that it must have the following properties:
- It must be a R Markdown document
- You must choose “Publish Source Code” when deploying your document
- The document cannot be scheduled if it contains Shiny components*
- Once you have uploaded your document, go to RStudio Connect, open the document, then choose the Output tab
- Select “Schedule output”
- Select the schedule output, start date, and frequency you prefer.
- Select the “Send email after update” option
Note that only Viewers of the document will receive scheduled emails
- Click Save
* If the report uses Shiny components, is is treat as a "Shiny Report," which is run interactively just like a Shiny application. Therefore, it cannot be scheduled automatically since it is interactive by nature and requires user input.