Uploading and Downloading Files
NOTE: This article is only applicable if you are using RStudio Workbench (previously RStudio Server Pro) or RStudio Server Open Source; it does not apply to the RStudio Desktop IDE.
To upload datasets, scripts, or other files to RStudio Workbench or RStudio Server, you should take the following steps:
- Switch to the Files pane
- Navigate to the directory you wish to upload files into
- Click the Upload toolbar button
- Choose the file you wish to upload and press OK
Note that if you wish to upload several files or even an entire folder, you should first compress your files or folder into a zip file and then upload the zip file (when RStudio receives an uploaded zip file it automatically uncompresses it).
To download files from RStudio Workbench or RStudio Server you should take the following steps:
- Switch to directory you want to download files from within the Files pane
- Select the file(s) and/or folder(s) you want to download
- Click More -> Export on the toolbar
- You'll then be prompted with a default file name for the download. Either accept the default or specify a custom name then press OK.
Note that if you select multiple files or folders for download then RStudio compresses all of the files into a single zip archive for downloading.