If you are using RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect, or Shiny Server Pro, then you can download and use RStudio Professional Drivers at no additional charge. Follow these instructions if you are installing drivers in an offline environment (e.g. servers behind a firewall that are disconnected from the Internet for security purposes).
Online Steps: Download the drivers using a machine that is connected to the Internet
- Download the installer for the RStudio Professional Drivers here. This installer is a shell script called:
- Make sure the installer is an executable:
sudo chmod +x odbc-install.sh.
- Download the drivers from the Internet with the following command. This command will download all the drivers tarballs onto your machine:
sudo ./odbc-install.sh --fetch.
Offline Steps: Migrate and unpack the drivers onto a machine that is disconnected from the Internet
- Migrate the installer and the driver downloads from your online environment to your offline environment. Use FTP, SFTP, or your preferred utility to do the migration.
- Extract the drivers using:
sudo ./odbc-install.sh --extract.
- Configure the drivers using:
sudo ./odbc-install.sh --configure.
For more information on how to control the installation process of RStudio Professional Drivers, please see: Getting Started with RStudio Professional Drivers