RStudio Server Pro Standard for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is an on-demand, commercially-licensed integrated development environment (IDE). Use these instructions to get started.
Note that RStudio Server Pro is now RStudio Workbench, but GCP may continue to display the old name for a few weeks until the registration of the new name is complete.
1. Select RStudio Server Pro Standard for GCP from the Google Cloud Platform Marketplace console and click Launch on Compute Engine
2. Deploy RStudio Server Pro for GCP
- Choose a Deployment name for your RStudio Server Pro instance
- Configure your Instance zone, Machine type, etc.
- Click Deploy
3. Save the Site address, Admin user, and temporary Admin password for the next steps
4. Visit the instance URL and log in with your Username and Password
5. Once logged in, set a new password for this user
- Click on the Terminal pane in the bottom left-hand corner
- At the prompt type passwd
- Enter the current password and the new password twice, hitting the enter key after each entry
6. You are now ready to use RStudio Server Pro for GCP
For additional information on how to administer RStudio Server Pro please refer to the Admin Guide. For a list of important features that are available to pro customers, learn more at RStudio Server Pro.