RStudio Server Pro for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is an on-demand, commercially-licensed integrated development environment (IDE). Use these instructions to get started.
1. Select RStudio Server Pro for GCP from the Google Cloud Launcher console and click Launch on Compute Engine
2. Deploy RStudio Server Pro for GCP
- Choose a Deployment name for your RStudio Server Pro instance
- Configure your Instance zone, Machine type, etc.
- Click Deploy
3. Save the Site address, Admin user, and temporary Admin password for the next steps
4. Visit the instance URL and log in with your Username and Password
5. Once logged in, set a new password for this user
- From the dropdown menu click Tools and select Shell...
- At the prompt type passwd
- Enter the current password and the new password twice, hitting the enter key after each entry
- Click Close
6. You are now ready to use RStudio Server Pro for GCP
For additional information on how to administer RStudio Server Pro please refer to the Admin Guide. For a list of important features that are available to pro customers, learn more at RStudio Server Pro.